Cutting Edge Laser Therapy
Introducing the Newest Way to Help Manage Your Pet’s Pain
We Are Now Proud To Offer Laser Therapy at Town and Country Veterinary Hospital
Our newest laser, the Cutting Edge therapeutic class IV laser, the most powerful therapeutic laser available, has remarkable benefits for pets with problems such as:
- tendon and ligament injuries
- sore muscles and joints
- neurological pain
- inter-vertebral disk disease
- chronic non-healing wounds
- musculo-skeletal disorders
- chronic ear and/or skin inflammation
- chronic bladder inflammation in cats
- many other conditions related to pain and/or inflammation
- postoperative wound healing
How does it work?
The specific wavelengths of laser light energy interact with cells within the tissue to initiate processes that decrease pain, inflammation and edema.
Any species can be treated with the laser, including dogs, cats, birds, and small mammals.
What are the Benefits?
- nonsurgical treatment, no sedation required
- extremely safe with no long-term side effects (a very small percentage of patients may experience a temporary increase in their level of discomfort following laser treatment)
- treatments are quick, done in the hospital, usually last less than 10 minutes
- immediate results
- speeds the healing process
- may decrease the amount of chronic pain medication needed
- may help patients already on maximum medial therapy but are still uncomfortable
How Do I Help My Pet Become Less Painful, Using the Therapy Laser?
Call Town and Country Veterinary Hospital and ask if your pet would benefit from this service. The doctor will be consulted and discuss specific therapy plans and costs for your individual pet(s), and the initial service can be scheduled.
Treatment for pets with known existing appropriate conditions can be commenced right away. Pets with new problems, or those who are not current on a physical exam, require a doctor’s evaluation to determine the correct diagnosis before we can prescribe and perform laser therapy.